A COACH IS…
- a guide working with mentally healthy people on their goals.
- a resource and networker, connecting you to people and information.
- an objective mirror, giving feedback and observations for your consideration - no advice.
- an advocate for your potential, who encourages you to empower and affirm yourself.
- a truth teller, with respectful confrontation telling you what you need to hear.
- a thought-provoker, asking questions you have to answer, a catalyst for your self-insight.
- the occasional "devil's advocate" who offers another perspective for your consideration.
visionary who is not in your business, home, or occupation, yet can
help you see your potential and dreams and hold you accountable to
staying on track.
A COACH IS NOT…
- a therapist working with the mentally ill, who need healing.
- a mentor, who has experience in your field and helps you along.
- a counselor.
- a healer.
- a buddy who tells you what you want to hear.
- a consultant, do-er, solution provider.
- a Yes Man who agrees with you always.
A COACH DOES…
- encourage you to find a therapist if you need to work on issues.
you set your goals, define your values and choose action steps and
timelines, then holds the possibilities for you so you can see them for
- support your commitment to doing it for yourself.
- help you recognize your desire to be unstuck and supports you in making it happen.
- guide you to knowing your values and priorities so that you can choose balance in your life.
A COACH DOES NOT…
- encourage firing your therapist because you only need a coach.
- tell you what to do, when to do it, or how to do it
or do it for you.
- pull you out of when stuck.
- eliminate stress in your life.